€ 12 , 00
So much more than a cardThe Postepay Evolution card comes with an IBAN which can be viewed in the Postepay and BancoPosta apps and online when you log into your customer account. It lets you receive direct deposit of your salary or pension, send and receive bank transfers, and have your utilities debited directly from your account. You can set up the Apple Pay or Google Pay service to make contactless and online payments using your iOS or Android device. Just place your device close to the contactless POS or pay in any app that accepts Apple Pay or Google Pay.
Furthermore, with the Postepay Evolution card, you become a member of the ScontiPoste programme to receive up to 20% cash back on your purchases and carry out secure transactions on digital channels. For more information, go to the Secure Online Transactions section.
What you can do with your card
Everything is easier with the Postepay App
- Check balance and transactions directly from your smartphone, pay your bills using a simple photo, send cash with the p2p service, buy tickets for public transport inside and outside the city, pay for parking in the blue lines and fill up your tank with Postepay + services, manage your SEPA direct debits (household bills) using IT and device functions on the SEPA direct debit dashboard.
Your card with an IBAN
- The card comes with an IBAN code that can be viewed in the Postepay and Bancoposta apps, and, using your online customer account, you can receive direct deposit of your salary or pension and have your utilities sent to and paid directly on your account.
Pay with GPAY
- With the Postepay Evolution Card, you can enable Google Pay in the Postepay app for contactless and online payments using your Android smartphone. Just hold your smartphone close to the contactless POS terminal with the screen on or pay in any app that accepts Google Pay.
Make withdrawals at all Postamat ATMs
- You can withdraw cash free of charge at all Postamat ATMs.
Pay worldwide, even online
- You can use your Postepay Evolution Card for purchases through the Mastercard network online and in over 44 million shops worldwide.
How to top up
- with a cash deposit;
- with another Postepay card;
- with a Postamat Maestro card or other authorised BancoPosta card.
From the Postepay app, you can also top up your Postepay card with a Visa, Visa Electron, VPay or Mastercard payment card.
You can also top up your Postepay prepaid card at tobacconists and PUNTOLIS* network outlets.
Top-up is also available to current-account holders of the Banca BPM Group (Banca Popolare di Milano).
By calling the Call Centre (toll-free number 803.160 - in Italy) or directly online, you can check if the service is available in your area and book an appointment for the days and times indicated.
Pay with GpayPostepay Evolution allows you to make contactless and online payments directly from your Google Pay enabled Android smartphone. Simply hold your Android smartphone close to the contactless POS terminal with the screen on.
Additionally, with your phone unlocked and the service activated, you can use your Postepay to pay in any apps that accept Google Pay.
Pay with Apply PayWith Postepay Evolution, you can set up the Apple Pay service in the Postepay and BancoPosta apps and pay in any store that displays the contactless symbol or online by choosing Apple Pay in the payment section.
Find out more
Main financial terms and conditions
|Cost of issue||€5.00 + €15.00 minimum top-up on card|
|Maximum top-up amount||
|Top up online from poste.it and postepay.it via BancoPosta Online service or BancoPostaClick account or with another Postepay||Maximum €3,000.00 per transaction
Maximum 2 daily top-ups from the same payer
|P2P transfer (Postepay 2 Postepay)||Free of charge up to a maximum of €25.00 per day.|
|Daily withdrawal limit (from available card funds)||
|Payment limit (from available card funds)||
|SEPA debit transfer fee||
|Postagiro postal transfer fee||
|SEPA Direct Debit Core debit fee||
- free of charge from Postamat ATM;
- €1 from authorised post offices;
- €2 from an authorised bank ATM in Italy and European countries;
- €5 from an authorised bank ATM in non-European countries + 1.10% of the withdrawal amount as of 1 July 2018.
- free of charge from authorised post offices (POS terminal);
- free of charge on POS terminal (Mastercard/Mastercard PayPass);
- free of charge for mobile phone top-ups;
- free of charge electronically via Poste Italiane websites;
- free of charge on virtual POS terminal (online merchants);
- free of charge on POS terminals of merchants on the Mastercard/Mastercard PayPass circuit, in Italy and abroad, with mobile device and Postepay Evolution card enabled for payments;
- 1.10% of the payment amount in currency other than the euro on the POS terminals of merchants on the Mastercard/Mastercard PayPass circuit abroad with mobile device and Postepay Evolution Card enabled for NFC payments as of 1 July 2018.
See the Postepay Evolution Card information sheet for full details.
Postagiro transfer fees are €0.50 from a post office, postepay.it or the Postepay App.
In addition, you can make permanent transfers/postagiro transfers, foreign transfers, tax-deductible transfers, transfers for supplementary pensions and transfers to the Treasury at the post office (Treasury transfers can also be made from www.poste.it).
Instant Transfer Service
The new instant transfer service is available on the PostePay app ("SEPA INSTANT CREDIT TRANSFER - SCT INST"), enabling up to a maximum of two transactions per day for a maximum daily amount of €5,000 to banks participating in the SEPA Instant Credit Transfer scheme. The maximum amount for the first instant SEPA transfer to a new recipient IBAN is €1,000, and after 48 hours, higher amounts will be enabled.
The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including public holidays, and enables sending and receipt of transfers to and from banks that are part of the SEPA Area and adhere to the SEPA Instant Credit Transfer scheme. For a list of participating banks see here.
The current payment method for SEPA transfers, with real-time debiting and next-day crediting, remains unchanged.
The new dashboard in the Postepay App and on postepay.it, allows you to easily and immediately manage SEPA direct debits on your Postepay Evolution Card. Without having to go to the post office, you can:
- view signed direct-debit instructions;
- consult debits already made or expiring on your card;
- enter specific limits;
- change debit IBANs;
- grant and withdraw direct debit instructions if the beneficiary subscribes to the optional SEDA service (optional service for the exchange between the creditor and the debtor's bank of electronic flows of information contained in instructions).
- at the Post Office;
- on the Postepay App;
- from your personal area on the Postepay website.
The new card will be sent to you, inactive, at the address given at the time of the replacement request. Once you have received your new Postepay Evolution, you can activate it at the Post Office or at any Postamat ATM. The remaining funds will be automatically transferred to the new card.
The PIN of your card does not change, you can continue to use it for payments and withdrawals.
If you've forgotten your PIN, you can download the Postepay App and enable your card so you always have it to hand. Alternatively, you can call BancoPosta and PostePay Customer Services on 800.00.33.22 (in Italy) and request a duplicate PIN, which will be sent directly to the address you provided when you purchased the card. If you wish to receive your PIN at a different address, you must go to a post office.
Remember that in the event of theft or loss, you will have to go to a Post Office and present the report filed with the Law Enforcement Authorities.
If your Postepay Evolution card expires, it will be renewed automatically and you will receive your new card directly to home address.
Once you have received your new Postepay Evolution, you can activate it online, at a Post Office or at any Postamat ATM.
The remaining funds will be automatically transferred to the new card.
Once activated, the new Card will also be visible in the Postepay or BancoPosta App.
The PIN of your card does not change, you can continue to use it for payments and withdrawals.
If you've forgotten your PIN, you can download the Postepay app and enable your card so you always have it to hand. Alternatively, you can call BancoPosta and PostePay Customer Services on 800.00.33.22 (in Italy) and request a duplicate PIN, which will be sent directly to the address you provided when you purchased the card. If you wish to receive your PIN at a different address, you must go to a Post Office.
How to activate the service
All you need is a Postepay Evolution Card and an NFC enabled smartphone with Android 4.4.2 or higher:
- download and install the Postepay app and log in with your credentials;
- select the card you wish to enable for the service;
- request service activation by following the on-screen instructions;
- set a secure method for unlocking the smartphone (fingerprint, sequence, password, etc.).
For POS terminal payments up to €50.00, simply hold your Android smartphone close to the contactless POS terminal with the screen on.
For POS terminal payments over €50.00 or if required, simply unlock your smartphone using the secure method you previously selected and hold your smartphone close to the contactless POS terminal.
Additionally, with your phone unlocked and the service activated, you can use your Postepay to pay in any apps that accept Google Pay. Simply select Google Pay as the payment method, view the summary on your smartphone and confirm.
It is possible to travel on enabled metro networks using all BancoPosta debit cards and Postepay prepaid cards with contactless technology on the Maestro/Mastercard* circuit, without having to carry a paper ticket.
To enter the metro, simply hold your card close to one of the NFC POS terminals with the contactless symbol on the turnstiles in metro stations.
The first time you use the metro, an amount set by the bank that manages the payment acceptance service (acquirer) on behalf of the local public transport company will be held on your card. This amount may be higher than the amount of the individual trip (e.g. the cost of a day ticket).
The actual cost of the ticket is subsequently calculated by the transport company and charged in accordance with the time frame set by the circuit, based on the best fare applicable to the journeys actually taken, and consequently your card may be charged with an amount less than or equal to the amount initially held. For further details and to find out which metro networks are enabled, visit the websites of local public transport companies.
If the ticket inspector asks you for your ticket, simply show the card you used to access the turnstiles or your Android smartphone if you paid with your Postepay Evolution Card using the Google Pay service. For more details, visit the local public transport company's website.
*This service is currently not available for Visa Postepay cards
From 1 January 2021, in order to continue to authorise online purchases, it is necessary to comply with the new rules for secure online transactions. Find out how to comply.
Alternatively, you can call BancoPosta and PostePay Customer Services on 800.00.33.22 (in Italy) and request a duplicate PIN, which will be sent directly to the address you provided when you purchased the card.
If you wish to receive your PIN at a different address, you must go to a Post Office.
- €600 per day and €2,500 per month, from Postamat or enabled bank ATMs
- up to the card limit, from authorised post offices (POS terminal)
- €3,500 per day and €10,000 per month, on third-party merchant POS terminals
- up to the card limit, at authorised post offices
The World Food Programme is a United Nations organisation providing food aid to over 90 million people every year, 58 million of whom are children.
You too can help children in need, offering them an education and a better future. A small gesture can make a big difference. As little as €0.20 is enough to donate a school meal to a child in need in Africa and other parts of the world.
By registering, you can donate an amount of your choice (from a minimum of €0.10) for each purchase made with your Postepay Evolution. You can access the donation platform at any time to check how much you have donated and how many children you have helped.
For every Postepay Evolution card registered on the MC Priceless Cause platform, Mastercard will donate 15 school meals to children in need in Africa and other parts of the world.
For more details, visit donate.mastercard.com/wfp.
To find out about all the offers, limits and possible exclusions for the ScontiPoste initiative, please consult the full details of the initiative available at www.scontiposte.it or contact BancoPosta and PostePay Customer Services on the toll-free number 800.00.33.22 (in Italy only).
Advertising message for promotional purposes. The Postepay Evolution Card is a prepaid, top-up electronic payment instrument made available by PostePay S.p.A. - IMEL (electronic money institution) assigned assets, subject to management and coordination by Poste Italiane S.p.A. For the contractual and economic conditions of the Postepay Evolution Prepaid Card and information on costs, limits, the right of withdrawal and the procedures for any complaints, consult the Information Sheet pursuant to the Transparency of Banking Operations and Services Regulations, available at post offices and in the Transparency section of this website.
For the terms and conditions of the Postepay Open service, see the relevant Information Sheet available at post offices and on poste.it in the Banking Transparency section.